Spiced Apple Cheesecake with Maple Cream Glaze
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened, divided
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup and 2 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp light corn syrup
- Combine heavy cream, maple syrup, corn syrup in sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and reduced by about 1/3. (about 15 min.) Chill.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. (You can knead it with your hands if you don't have a pastry blender.) Press evenly into a lightly greased cheesecake pan. (or 13 x 9 baking pan to make bars)
- Bake on 350 degrees for 15 min. or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over warm crust.
- In medium bowl, stir together chopped apples, 2 Tbsp sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
The Streusel Topping:
- In small bowl, cut together 1 cup flour, brown sugar, and butter. (Knead w hands)
- Stir in oats until all crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over apples.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until filling is set.
Immediately use a knife to loosen the edges from the cheesecake pan sides.
Leave at room temperature for an hour.
Remove cheesecake pan sides.
Stir and pour maple cream glaze on cheesecake.