Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

St. Patty's Day Pudding Parfait

St. Patty's Day Pudding Parfait
I make this Pudding Parfait EVERY St. Patrick's Day! It's very easy, but ALWAYS a big hit. You can use any clear glass, but I wanted something "Irish" looking. I found these mugs at the Dollar Tree. The 2 puddings are chocolate and vanilla, but I dye the vanilla with green food coloring. When making the puddings, I always make the vanilla one first, so I can take the extra time to dye it green. That way, I can quickly make the chocolate pudding without letting either one of the puddings set in the mixing bowls. (Optional: Add a touch of mint extract to the vanilla pudding). Then I just take turns pouring all of the chocolate bottoms first. Then I add the green layer to all the glasses, then chocolate. I top it off with Cool Whip and green sprinkles. I also add an Andes Candy and then refrigerate. I use instant pudding. I usually buy a big box AND a small box of chocolate, and a small box of vanilla (to make 6). Depending on how many people you are, you may need more. Don't forget, you will use more chocolate than vanilla if you pour them exactly like the picture. If I have any left, then I just make small cups of pudding for another day. 
"Good luck!" : )

2 comments:

  1. It looks so yummy that it *almost* looks photoshopped! You poured that pudding quite neatly, Ms. Mandy. :) I'm going to try this recipe with sugar free pudding and sugar free Andes this weekend. Thanks for the fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Danielle! It actually IS difficult to pour the layers... that's why it needs to be done quickly after mixing. Enjoy your sugar free treat! : D

    ReplyDelete