Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Baked Ranch Chicken


This recipe is very special to me. It's the first meal I prepared for my husband the day after we returned from our honeymoon back in 2004. I only cooked for fun growing up.. except for a couple Home Economics classes. I've never had to cook a main meal with side dishes before, all at one time. I wanted my first meal as a wife to be the utmost perfection. I searched for a recipe in the couple recipe books that I had at the time, and found this recipe. It looked simple enough, and I gave it a whirl. 4 pounds too many mashed potatoes, a mountain of green beans, a blasting stressed out headache, and no salad later... I opened the oven door, removed the foil, sneaked a bite of the chicken, and it seriously was the best chicken I ever ate! It was so moist that it fell off my fork. THAT, my friends, was the start of my love for cooking. I realized that all you had to do was simply follow ANY recipe, and you could make anything. : )


Baked Ranch Chicken


Prep Time: 20 minutes  Cook time: 1 hr 20 min   Serves: 4-8


3/4 cup crushed Cornflakes
3/4 cup *Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs found near other breadcrumbs)
1 package of Ranch Dressing Mix
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
4, 6, or 8 boneless chicken breasts
1 stick melted butter (little more for 6 or 8 chicken breasts)


  • Cover the inside of baking dish with foil for less cleanup.
  • *Tip to moist chicken.. ALMOST cover the bottom of baking pan w water. Water should roll around  but not completely cover bottom of pan.*
  • Mix the Cornflakes, Panko, Ranch Dressing Mix, Parmesan Cheese in medium size bowl.
  • Melt butter in separate medium bowl in microwave.
  • Dip chicken in melted butter. Roll in Cornflakes mixture & transfer to baking dish. (You may have to actually pat the mixture on to the chicken to make sure it's completely covered)
  • (When all the chicken is dipped and ready to go in the oven, I use the little leftover melted butter and just pour in over chicken for extra juice. I then sprinkle a little extra Cornflakes mixture on top).
  • Cover and Bake @ 350 degrees for 80 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I have GOT to try it! Anything with cereal I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! And Josh loves ranch!! Definitely trying this!!

    What about my pizza dough??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This looks absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing, Mandy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Come back and let us know how you liked it and any feedback. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. It came out soooooo good. Tasty AND moist!! Great recipe Mandy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't have cornflakes, so I just omitted them, and this came out wonderfully! Also, for a more heart healthy option, I sprayed both sides of each piece of chicken (I used boneless, skinless thighs) with Olive Oil spray in lieu of the butter. Totally yummy!

    ReplyDelete