Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Nachos

NACHOS!!!

I LOVE NACHOS!!! These are great to make for either your family or for company. It could be a meal, or an appetizer. Soooo simple and easy. I make my nachos on a cookie sheet for my family. If I'm having company, I make two cookie sheets. Either way, no matter how many you make, you can bake it all together in the oven on 350 degrees for 10 minutes. And VOILA! It's done. I always play "Beat the Clock", and I clean the entire kitchen in the 10 minutes it takes to bake the nachos. For even easier cleanup, line your cookie sheets with aluminum foil. Then you don't have to worry about the cheese sticking to your cookie sheet.  


Mmmm... Who's ready for Football Season!!?

Ingredients:

Corn Tortilla Chips (I've tried flour tortilla chips before (like Tostitos) but they got flat and lost their crunch when heated w the toppings)
1 lb ground beef (per cookie sheet)I use a larger cookie sheet
    -Fry ground beef until brown
    -I season the ground beef with Taco Seasoning by McCormick
    -Sometimes I add a little salsa to the browned ground beef
Can of Refried Beans 
    -Microwave beans. 
Half can of sliced olives
Half jar of jalapeno slices
2 chopped up tomatoes
1/2 block of cheddar cheeses (shredded) OR bag of shredded cheese
2 stalks of green onions (I cut mine w a scissors so I don't have to slice them... I find this to be super fast.

All of these toppings are optional. You can add or take away whatever you want. I usually sprinkle a thin layer of cheese on chips before adding anything else. This keeps the chips somewhat connected on the bottom. Then I layer my refried beans, ground beef (make sure it's drained), onions, olives, etc. I top it all off with cheese once more... This keeps all the meat and toppings from drying out in the oven. Bake in oven on 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Comes out perfect every time! Don't forget sour cream and salsa on the side. Make it a meal and add a Fiesta salad and Rice-A-Roni Mexican Rice. Fight on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment