Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Train Cake

Well.... this train cake was harder to make than I thought. It took a couple of hours but we did it! We baked the cake in 2 loaf pans on 350 degrees for 30 minutes. After the cake cooled, we wrapped the 2 cakes in Saran Wrap and put them in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then we took the cakes out and used a bread knife to shave the tops of the cakes to make a flat surface. I then flipped the cakes over face down. This helped when we frosted the cakes to keep them from "crumbing up!" I just simply cut one cake into three "cars." We cut the sides off of the other cake to make a "slimmer" engine. And as you can imagine, my son's favorite part was adding the candy! 


My 3 year old son is a serious baker. Cracking the eggs!

2 loaf pans at 350 degrees for 30 minutes

Even Daddy helped!



HERE IT IS!!!! Choooooo Chooooo!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Very cute!! My son loves trains will have to do this for his birthday:)

    ReplyDelete