Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2012

Rainbow Cake

Rainbow Cake

Seems hard to believe, but my 3 year old son loves to surf YouTube on the iPod (yes, it's filtered!) for videos on bowling, trains, and baking. He came to me tonight and showed me a video of a lady making rainbow cupcakes and eagerly asked if we could do it too. I checked the pantry and we were in luck! We had a box of Funfetti cake mix and a can of chocolate frosting. I probably would've preferred white had I known we were going to do this project, but nonetheless, it came out fabulous! This project really was a "piece of cake!" 

Here we goooo!!!

Surprisingly, he wasn't scared of the mixer today.

Ready to add our food coloring!!

Red + Yellow = Orange,  Red + Blue = Purple

Pouring it was the hardest part.

We were excited though!

Time to frost...

Such a good little sprinkler...


HERE IT IS!!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmm.....

Mangia Mangia!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome & unusual cake for kids! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete